Thank you for your interest in Saints Cosmas and Damian Adult Home. All perspective residents must have a personal interview.
You may contact Case Manager Mrs. Rosanne McAllister-Saad
to schedule an interview or to address your question or concerns.
The admission procedure consists of four steps:
1. Completing the Application (zip
2. Submitting a Medical Evaluation (zip
) dated no more than thirty days prior to admission.
3. Submitting a Mental Health Evaluation (zip
) dated no more than thirty days prior to admission if there is any mental health history.
4. Having a personal interview with the Social Worker to determine your needs and to familiarize you with our residence. No interview will be conducted without completed Medical Evaluation and Mental Health Evaluation if applicable
You can either download applications from the above links or request
them. If you decide to download them, you will need to have Winzip
to unzip downloaded files or Acrobat Reader
As a residential care facility licensed by the State of New York, Saints Cosmas and Damian Adult Home may only accept applicants who meet the following criteria:
1. Our residents must be independent in activities of daily living. These include feeding themselves, dressing, bathing, toileting and administering their own medications. We do offer mininal assistance for those wishing to take tub baths, and we will assist in keeping residents aware of medication schedule.
2. Our residents must be able to walk to and from the dining room unassisted but may use canes and walkers.
3. Our residents are offered three diets which include regular, no added salt, and reduced sugar.
4. Applicants with prior psychiatric history may be accepted if their condition is presently stabilized and they agree to be monitored by the Home's psychiatric service. A Mental Health Clearance is required prior to interview
5. We are unable to care for residents with alcohol or drug addiction.
Our six-story building has private and semi-private rooms with baths. The main floor consists of a spacious dining room, an Orthodox chapel, lounge areas and a recreation room.
The monthly charge includes the following:
- Three meals daily in the dining room
- Two between meal snacks
- Private baths
- Daily housekeeping services
- Weekly laundry service
- Telephones in each room to receive calls
- Furnished rooms
- In house activities
- Medication supervision
Available on site in the building:
- Visitation by a licensed medical physician twice weekly
- Regular visitation by certein specialists
- Hairdresser services
- Regular Orthodox services in our chapel
The Home also will assist in coordinating the following:
- Dental services
- Visiting Nurse Services
- Medical Transportation